|This page has been closed down by community consensus, and is retained only for historical reference.|
If you wish to restart discussion on the status of this page, seek community input at a forum such as the village pump.
A WikiNode is a standard page that shows how a wiki relates to other wiki projects and communities on the Web. It is part of the WikiNodes Project, which aims to create a fabric among wikis, allowing users to traverse "Wikiland" via topically related links.
Wikipedia's sister projects
Encyclopedias without WikiNodes
- Citizendium – An encyclopedia project that encourages the general public and experts to collaborate, using their real names.
- Enciclopedia Libre Universal en Español – A Spanish language encyclopedia project.
- LoveToKnow 1911 – Wiki version of the 1911 Encyclopaedia Britannica. ...however, note [that] : As of 24 November 2013[update], the Main Page says, [quote:]
Thank you for visiting the 1911 encyclopedia. This site is no longer available.
- Wikinfo – A project to create a universal open content reference resource and a platform for the meshing of encyclopedic material, original and creative work and public domain material to further education and information.
- Wikiweise – a German language encyclopedia project.
- WikiZnanine – a Russian language encyclopedia project.
- Conservapedia – A wiki-based web encyclopedia project written from a U.S. nationalist, social conservative, and Conservative Christian point of view.
- Uncyclopedia – A "content-free encyclopedia" and a parody of Wikipedia.
- UK LGBT Archive – a wiki aiming to become a comprehensive encyclopedia of LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans) history in the United Kingdom.
Other wiki communities
- Wikia – A collection of wiki communities.
- WikiWikiWeb – The original wiki: its primary focus is "People, Projects, and Patterns" in software development, but it stretches out to far more than that.
- Meatball Wiki – A community of active practitioners striving to teach each other how to organize people using online tools.
- CommunityWiki – A wiki community for talk about communities both online and offline.
- WikiIndex – a wiki of wikis, wiki people and wiki ideas.
- Free Culture – An international chapter-based student organization that promotes the public interest in intellectual property and information & communications technology policy.
- FrathWiki – A wiki for fantasy languages, worlds and cultures (avoiding 'innocent spam', i.e. people posting about personal projects, on Wikipedia).
- IRC: server: freenode, channel: #Wikipedia
- Collaborative editing: moon-edit, server: is-root.de, port: 32123, page: en.Wikipedia